Applications are the most effective way to connect with customers and provide services or products. Developers must employ a diverse set of technologies while creating applications. The need for web and mobile applications is growing every day as the number of Internet users and devices grows. For the building of a custom app, every app maker is seeking the finest stack option.
Nowadays, a variety of technologies are used to create mobile and online applications. A ‘stack’ of multiple technologies, such as FULL Stack, MEAN Stack, and MERN Stack, is used to build the web and apps. But, there is a lot of debate about which is superior to the other. We must comprehend the stack and the benefits it can provide to the development process once it has been deployed to the project. However, in order to make the best option, every developer must have a thorough understanding of the stack’s benefits, features, and cost-effectiveness.
This blog will assist you in selecting one of the three tech stack kinds, as well as understanding their usage scenarios and advantages.
But, before that, let’s talk about,
What is a stack?
A “Stack” is a set of programming languages, technologies, or even software packages that are used together. The technology stack and the application stack are the two types of development stacks. A frontend framework, a backend framework, database technologies, and other ancillary backend technologies make up a technology stack. These work together to make design decisions, do tedious tasks, and arrange and store data.
As you’re familiar with stack, let’s move forward and discuss,
Types of stack
There are many stacks for app development. But, today we’re going to discuss:
- Full Stack
- MEAN Stack
- MERN Stack
#1. Full Stack
This sort of software developer specializes in an application’s Full Stack, which includes Front End Technology, Back End Development Languages, Databases, Servers, APIs, and Version Controlling Systems. As a result, the term “Full Stack” Developer was coined. Full-stack web developers design the components linked to each component of the app using the necessary technologies and frameworks. Front-end and back-end processes are related to various languages and frameworks. They must also concentrate on constructing the correct database for the project and testing it to ensure a bug-free solution, in addition to working on the front-end and back-end processes.
Front-end technologies such as CSS, JS, and SPA; backend development technologies such as Python, Node.js, PHP, and GO; databases such as MySQL, SQLite, and others; DevOps concepts such as CI and Cd; as well as some characteristics of mobile app development using iOS and Android are included in full-stack development.
Why choose full-stack development?
The decision to use full-stack development is based on the competency and skills of your full-stack developer as well as the project’s requirements. Here are some of the benefits of full-stack web development.
- With full-stack development, you’ll need to recruit fewer developers, making team management easier. Communication is easier with a small team, there is more visibility, and ideas can flow freely among teammates.
- Hiring a full-stack developer is less expensive than hiring two engineers for the frontend and backend separately.
- Full-stack development takes much less time than other types of undertakings since there are fewer people participating in the process. The reason for this is that full-stack developers do not need to rely on other developers to finish a project. They can trade positions and complete the assignment on their own.
- As they understand both the service and client sides, a full-stack programmer provides a lot of flexibility, making moving between duties a breeze. The presence of a full-stack web developer reduces web development time by removing misconceptions between the implementation parts. The backend developers do not need to hold a conference in the presence of a full-stack developer to explain the problem to the front-end developers and vice versa. Due to the benefits of full-stack web development, this makes it possible for engineers to manage your project.
- It is appropriate for small and medium businesses because one owns the concept.
- Because only a few people are involved in full-stack development, it’s easier to manage and maintain the project. Developers get better and faster help from professionals, and it’s easier to locate code scripts and make changes as needed. A single developer can also easily repair all of the application’s faults and do testing.
- Updates are simple to add, and you have the freedom to switch between tasks as needed.
- Hiring a dedicated front-end developer and a separate backend developer will just increase costs, whereas a full-stack development firm will take care of both. Developers that are familiar with all of the software applications required to build a website will work for a professional firm that specialises in full-stack web development. Their expertise and adaptability aid in the reduction of factors that can lead to long-term cost overruns. This is one of the benefits of full-stack development that no web application developer can afford to overlook.
- One of their most appealing aspects is how quickly they can change between frontend and backend development depending on the needs of the project. Their work remains perfectly smooth, and the shifts do not affect the process due to their expertise.
- During the creation of an app or website, a variety of faults and errors might emerge. This can happen at any stage throughout the building of a website. For most developers, locating the source of such problems can be tedious and time-consuming. As a result, there will be both delays and cost hikes. The involvement of a full-stack developer, on the other hand, will improve the development process because such an expert will detect the problem and build a solution immediately. These developers are better at debugging than the majority.
- Having an experienced full-stack developer on board enhances the group’s overall competitiveness on a website or software development project. These gifted programmers act as a bridge between the front-end and backend development teams. The team’s current staff look up to these full-stack web programmers for reference and cross-checking before release. Full-stack engineers will also serve as an example for the rest of the team. As a result, the team benefits from better communication. These would ultimately help your app project’s web development capacity, which is one of the most valuable advantages of full-stack development.
Moving on, below are some of the disadvantages of full-stack development:
- Developers that work across many processes and talents are known as full-stack developers. As a consequence, keeping up with the latest trends, advances, and technology becomes difficult for them.
- The developer is frequently overburdened with tasks and obligations. They frequently fail to divide their burden into smaller jobs and become perplexed about their responsibilities as a result of increased stress and responsibility.
- If the business only has one or two full-stack developers on staff, production may be delayed. As a result, under productivity and poor process management result.
Moving forward, let’s discuss,
#2. MEAN Stack
Why choose MEAN Stack Development?
The benefits of choosing Mean Stack Development are:
- MEAN stack developers are adaptable because they can easily switch between server and client-side activities. Second, they have access to a standard coding language, which simplifies the development process even further.
- Support for the Model View Controller (MVC) architecture for a smooth development process.
- MEAN stack development services use JS solely to span the complete web development spectrum from front-end to backend.
- To keep web app development structured maintains repeated grunt tasks.
- Hire MEAN stack developers from India to develop applications using this stack since it automates and streamlines many of the repetitive and routine activities.
- MEAN Stack has a number of advantages, including being cost-effective, open-source, cloud-compatible, and allowing for seamless server-side and client-side switching.
- MongoDB, Angular JS, Node.JS, and ExpressJS are the top four technologies available.
- It includes a comprehensive set of in-built testing tools.
- By reducing unneeded menial tasks, it keeps the web application development effort structured.
- Isomorphic Coding is made easier using Mean Stack development. Engineers can use the same base code to work on numerous platforms (such as Android and iOS) without having to start new development projects. This method results in less effort and more time and space to improve the app’s experience and expand its reach.
Moving forward, here are some, Disadvantages of MEAN Stack:
- It is incompatible with large-scale applications.
- There are no formal JS coding guidelines.
- Because Express.js has a weak separation between server and business logic, certain services, such as batching operations, cannot be reused. Internal jobs must go through the Express intermediate chain, which can be inconvenient.
- It’s difficult to go back to the old way of doing things once you’ve built your first site with MEAN Stack technology.
- It provides low server isolation from stored procedures.
- MongoDB is said to be highly consistent; however, this might alter at any time. When network partitioning occurs, particularly in high-volume cases, there’s a potential you’ll lose records that MongoDB has successfully written. This does not have to happen all of the time, but the possibility exists.
- When contrasted to relational databases, the MEAN stack does not offer the same amount of capability. Many huge brands, such as Google and Facebook, still prefer relational databases because they are more trustworthy and stable.
Moving forward, let’s talk about,
#3. MERN Stack
Why choose MERN Stack Development?
Well, the benefits of MERN stack development are:
- MERN stack developers will appreciate the fact that they may scale the solution as needed when working with this technology stack. It also provides a lot of flexibility when it comes to developing solutions while preserving consistency across data centres.
- High-end tools for developing apps, fantastic community support, and a built-in wide suite of testing tools are just some of the advantages of using MERN Stack.
- It covers everything from frontend to backend development.
- Model View Controller is supported.
- MERN Stack Technologies provides a dynamic data model with flexibility. These features are supplemented by a powerful GUI and command-line tools. Finally, developers discover that the MERN stack is faster, better, and more acclimated to building growing applications.
- MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js are four of the most popular technologies.
- In the MERN stack, MongoDB is employed as a database management and development solution. As a result, MERN stack developers can store data in JSON file documents that are versatile. Developers benefit from enhanced data permanence and find it easier to mix data with JSON-like file storage.
- Open-source frameworks and pre-built testing tools are available.
Moving forward, let’s talk about the disadvantages of MERN stack development:
- It necessitates extra coding, which may cause the development process to slow down.
- Manually adding some scripts can cause the web application to run slower and have a negative impact on its overall performance.
- Some believe that this is the only alternative available when funds are limited, but they would not select it if they had more money.
- Because there are so many developers to choose from, it might be difficult to make a decision.
As of now, we have covered a lot of information about all three stacks. Now, it’s time to check,
Full-Stack vs. MEAN Stack vs. MERN Stack: which one is best?
Well, in order to state the best stack, below, we’ve compared each stack on the basis of some attributes. So, take a look!
A MERN Stack developer is well-versed in cutting-edge technology. This information is then applied to the development of high-end web apps. Frameworks, databases, libraries, and other tools are used to build applications in MERN Stack.
MEAN stack aids in the development of progressive and adaptable websites and mobile applications, both basic and complex. Overall, it streamlines the development process and improves the overall quality. Whereas, Full-Stack developers are adept at both front-end and backend development. Furthermore, they are capable of completing a project from start to finish. Companies used to have to hire experts in every function, but full-stack developers have made this process much easier.
In order to have a clear understanding, below, we’ve mentioned a table comparing stacks on various attributes. So, take a look!
|Attributes||Full Stack||MEAN Stack||MERN Stack|
|Security Standards||Less effective than MEAN stack||Offers high security||Medium|
|Third-party support||Enables||Enables||Require some other libraries|
So, we hope you got the insights of each stack. Full-stack development is one of the best to choose! But,
What factors would you consider when deciding between the MEAN and MERN stacks?
How would you pick between the MEAN and MERN stacks now that you’ve seen the differences? What factors do you use to make decisions?
Let’s have a look at some of the key factors:
- Project Size – Determine the scope and requirements of your project. When built with the MEAN stack, enterprise-level projects will be fantastic. That’s because MEAN stack developers will be provided with a complete structure that will make it simple to maintain the application. Furthermore, large applications necessitate a structured development technology based on the MVC design, which the MEAN stack provides.
- Team skills – If you have a team of experienced professionals that is well-versed in web frameworks, the level of supporting documentation is irrelevant. In this case, the learning curve will be less important to you. In such instances, use the MEAN stack. If you have a reasonably experienced workforce, however, you will have to deal with a learning curve, and the MERN stack will be more suitable.
- Third party support – You should use MEAN if your application requires an infrastructure to support HTTP calls and communications with backend systems. The MEAN stack includes Angular, which gives you access to third-party support for HTTP and backend calls. You have MERN, which has specialized libraries to implement the same, and you have React, which has specialized libraries to implement the same.
- Maintenance & Support – However, React is becoming more popular, and onboarding React developers will become easier in the future. If your application has a lot of enhancement work in the pipeline and you expect a lot of long-term maintenance, you should use the MERN stack.
- Performance – If increased development efficiency is a top priority for you, the MEAN stack is a superior option. Angular is a full framework that makes code upgrades much easier than React. When compared to React, Angular makes testing easier.
Web and mobile application development is now easier thanks to modern technology stacks. However, given the broad variety of technology stacks available, selecting one for your project can be difficult. Your software development and application requirements are likely to be relevant to your project, so bear that in mind when choosing a full stack development company with whom to collaborate.
To begin, it is beneficial to become fully acquainted with requirements and to have a clear picture of your project’s end aim. Secondly, think about the project’s potential stumbling blocks. Following that, consider requirements as well as the relevance of agility and delivery. Ultimately, while you choose the finest software for you, keep in mind your budget, total development costs, and additional costs. Distinct technology implies different executions and functionality. As a result, in order to select the best stack, you must first determine your needs and comprehend what is required to complete the project. It will be easy to select a tech stack based on the requirements.